Monday, December 23, 2013

Holiday Baking at its finest, our first SnOw of the season and our Oregon....ROADTRIP!

Some holiday baking... somehow I convinced myself to do up 9 different items all at the same time! 
It was nuts!
Of course I had some help.... (thank goodness... not sure what I would have done without them)
not had chocolate on the walls...
and not had to take a shower break...
hmmm not sure I will recruit them next time!

Has your kitchen looked like this recently?

So excited to wake up to this last week!



Winter Wonderland!


She was all up in my business... 
What a little begger!

Our "Baby" chickens first time in the snow

More than enough for a snowman... 
he only lasted about 3 hours but at least "MOM" got to make one!

Ben was pretty upset with me because I put his gloves on the snowman.
Hey if he wasn't going to wear them... at least the snowman would have warm sticks...

I'm such a terrible mom huh Ben!?

Ahhh much better!

Having a snack before leaving on our road trip..

It's official roadtrips are so not what they were when it was just Jeromy and I.  Jeromy chuggin the redbull and drivin like "a boss" and me the co piliot extrodenare... there was no trip we couldn't handle... 22 hours straight through to So Cal... no prob!  Now a 3 1/2 hour trip with two youngins in the back seat feels like it will never end.

We decided literally 2 days before leaving that we were going to head down south for the anual Larsen Christmas Dinner at Uncle Daves house.  Hotel booked (with a pool of course) and we were packing for what looked like 2 weeks (Sorry honey...you married me still)

The trip down was full of "are we there yet" (I think the first one was heard while crossing the hood canal bridge (about 20 minutes from our house!) and "I'm hungry" about 60 times.  But other than that it was a pretty uneventful trip to the Portland area.

We checked into our hotel and the boys spent the first hour in the pool with Jeromy and their uncle Chris


Too much fun!

Someone wasn't very happy that it was time to go..

Colten and Ben and their buddy uncle Chris...(Jeromy's little brother)

We were all havin a great time...

The food was delisious as always!
No fuss no muss
Having your favorite restaurant cater is AWESOME!

Why don't we see you people more often!

Aunt Cindy calls this the Awkward Family Photos on the Stairs... 

With Brother/Uncle Chris
I'm thinkin Ben is just a natural... (He's got this whole "cheeeeese" thing down)
  
Grandpa Rick, Brother Jeff and Brother Chris


Brothers..

The next morning after being the firsts ones for our contential breakfast...
We headed to the pool (About 7:15)
This is Ben after a good swim...

Just arriving at OMSI
(Oregon Museum of Science and Industry)
Hahaha! This is the "Hey honey!!" shot... 
Don't I look thrilled?


The water exibhit was totally rad!  
Thankfully Ben wanted to move on to the sand area before he was TOTALLY soaked!



Colten and Jeromy went on a tour of this Submarine...
OMSI is home to the U.S. Navy's last non-nuclear, fast-attack submarine, the USS Blueback (SS-581)! The Blueback was the first battle-ready class of submarines to use the teardrop hull. It was in official operation throughout the Pacific Ocean for 31 years. The USS Blueback served in the entertainment industry too! It appeared in the hit movie The Hunt for Red October and an episode of Hawaii Five-O and has been used as a location for a Discovery Channel documentary and various commercials.


Colten was the first one on the tour to raise his hand so he received the privilege of launching a torpedo into the Wilamette River (*not for reals...but don't tell him!)

Ni-Ni... ugh could never sleep there!


Awesome!

Papa was having to much fun!

Lunch was surprisingly delicious... in past experiences at museums the food is overpriced and pretty tasteless...I must say I was very impressed!  MMMMM!

Launching Air Rockets!

Papa and Colten on infa-red screen!

Yep 2 Year Old BOY paradise!

Soooo much to check out!


What a view...

Using pulleys

Using gears..

Checkin out the cranes on the river..

My biggest kid... this was SOOO Jeromy's kind of place! 
As in Jeromy and I could come back without the kids and have a great time!


Another stop at Grandpa Ricks so the boys could get spoiled some more and we were ready to head back north... it was a short mini vacation but it was a total blast and a nice little break from the craziness of the season.  The ride home was not the most pleasant but the boys managed to fall asleep after 2 hours of whining and crying... It was decided that full bellies and naps are necessary before leaving to sit in the car for 3 1/2 hours.  

Merry Christmas
2 more sleeps...



No comments:

Post a Comment