Colten had his first soccer practice last week. After a bit of hesitation on mom's part... I wasn't really sure he'd be into it... you know.. you buy the gear, pay the rec center then your kid clings to your leg through practice...
Well time to give my big boy more credit..... maybe I was secretly hoping he'd be clinging to my leg and not ready for all this big boy stuff. I guess sports and school are something we all look forward to.... then the time comes and we're wanting to slow down time... can he really be old enough? Why doesn't he need me so much? Am I ready for this? All things I'm feeling right now... My heart beaming watching him kick that ball around the field... knowing that I've done pretty good thus far.... that this little man is surprising us with his confidence all the time these days.
With the onset of fall... comes the start of school again! I've found myself on numerous occasions day dreaming about school starting and having that little break from this little man, however now that school is about to start.... in ONE week... I'm actually feelin quite sad... I miss him already and he's not even gone yet. Oh man how am I going to survive the next 14+ years????
Ok well back to Soccer.... hahaha
Here's some highlights from our very first practice..... and note... they get two whole practices before their very first game!!! This should be interesting! haha
Who's Ready for Practice? ME!!!
This is pretty serious stuff....
STRETCHHHHH....
Nice Control Buddy..
Go Haydo Go....
Yeah Buddy.....
He was so focused...
A little end of practice..... GO USA!
A fantastic practice... He's extremely excited about his next practice! I'm so happy he is enjoying it, and I look forward to his first game... which by the way he says he's going to win so he can have pizza and ice cream... hmmmm wonder who told him that???
Really wasn't expecting it.... but I'm a Soccer Mom now... gosh it kinda makes me feel old...







Look at our little men growing up!
ReplyDelete