Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Some November highlights.... A Curtain reveal too..

November Highlights....
 
These Rainboots were made for walkin... 

A giant ant hill found on a backyard adventure... yep those are all ants.... ewwwww!
 
Our gorgeous dwarf Japanese maple is amazing in the fall... it's made 4 moves with us... Jeromy's poor back! :)

 
A super fun little project I made in under an hour... 


"Honey Honey get over here and see how good Ben's scoopin his food...."

Yeah.... just like that! 

 
Ben found Buddy's picture...
and gave it loves...  tear*
 
 
We made some homemade playdoh.... I never even thought about making it because we have sooo much of the store bought stuff.... but oh my we may just throw all that out... homemade is sooooo much funner!  it's softer, you can make it smell good and even add some glitter!   The blue we made peppermint, the red is Cinnamon and we just made some purple that smells like lavender... (I was hoping for a calming effect....)

Look Mom I spelt my name....
Colten plays with the homemade stuff way longer than the old stuff... we're hooked and I'm still shocked at how fast you can whip up a batch....
1 cup flour
1 cup water
1/4 cup salt
2 tsp. cream of tartar
1 Tbls. vegetable oil
food coloring
a few drops of essential oil
Put it all in a pot over medium heat and stir constantly until a ball forms... set it on some wax paper to cool and your done!
Store in an air tight container
 
 
Oh and a little drum roll please...... 

Curtain Rods painted and ends from IKEA added... I think they are amazing!
If you've been following along back in October I wrote about these Drop Cloth Curtains I was making... we finally got them all finished up... Uber Cheap!

Gotta love havin a handy hubby!  You wouldn't believe all the creativity needed to get this all to work!

Yep some more applesauce... and this time unsweetened half pints for the boy's lunches!

Me in my totally adorable new hat!!!  My amazingly talented friend whipped it up in a couple days!!  I love it! ALOT!
 
Mama made some crazy yummy sprouted wheat veggie muffins... altered a carrot muffin recipe and snuck some peas and spinach in there! 
 
After school we finished up our pilgrim hats... Ben thought they were stupid...obviously!

Bahaha!!

 
 
oh but wait..... there's more!!!
 
During an afternoon of family WWF....
 
Mama was in distress caught in some kind of headlock getting tickled till the verge of wetting herself.... when all of a sudden.....
 
 
Some kind of crazy enters the room....
 
 
"NEVER FEAR TUSH BUNS IS HERE!!!"
(Yes he actually said that!)
 


 
I was laughing for about a minute then I was ready for it to be over and retire "Tush Buns" for eternity... however my helpful husband was laughing until tears were rolling out of his eyes... which just made this horrifying Mom moment continue on and on!   Yep that's right Colten you bes watch yo self, Mom is now armed with some fabulous pictures... this being the most internet appropriate...
 
All I can say is I'm glad you put them on your face inside out... as they were just on those tush buns!
 
Oh my word....
 



 
 


3 comments:

  1. Only in the Larsen household! Where there are amazing children and two great parents with an imagination and some spirit. We love you. Love the curtains. The stained blue dresser is awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd never thought to add essential oils to play-dough! That's a great idea... so much to say... the curtains look GREAT! Did you do something to the dresser? (It looks so much darker?) It's a really fun pop of color.
    TUSH BUNS is killing me!! That is hilarious... I could see how Jeromy would be crying. The fact that they were freshly used, makes it that much better. lol Nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks... Nope just the photo that made the dresser look darker...

      Delete