Saturday, February 16, 2013

Gluten Free Vegan Blueberry Breakfast Cookies

Blueberry Coconut Breakfast Bites (Vegan and Gluten-Free)

In the spirit of avoiding Gluten more and more... I came across a recipe that everyone loves... I made some alterations to suit my needs and oh booom yeah!... these are super yummy!




2 cups gluten-free whole oats
1/4 cup oat flour (or any GF flour)I used Mama's Coconut Blend
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/4 cup ground flax seed
1/2 cup raw almonds, ground plus some walnuts (because I ran out of almonds)
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/4 maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (the homemade kind)
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1 cup fresh blueberries

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

In a large bowl, mix the oats, flour, baking powder, coconut and flax.

I used my Blendtec to grind the almonds/walnuts up

You could chop them up too though

Add the nuts to the oat mixture and stir well.

In a separate bowl, combine the apple sauce, maple syrup, vanilla, coconut oil and strawberries. Mix well and combine with the oats.

Let the oat mixture sit for 5-10 minutes to allow the oats to absorb the extra moisture.

Place small mounds on a cookie sheet:

Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the edges are slightly browned.

Makes 2 - 2 1/2 dozen breakfast bites.
 
 
Ben tested... Mama Approved :)

 

1 comment:

  1. Yum! Think I've got everything to make these in the house...will give them a shot.

    ReplyDelete