If you know us, you know we love nothing more than a drive on the back roads... we were sad to find a couple of regular back roads gated off.... bummer! but we still had tons of cruzin to do... To Jeromy and I it's like therapy, windows down climbin in altitude, takin a trip into the past, those roads were a big part of our past and even our past as a couple... how bizarre and awesome to be cruzin those same roads with our boys in the back seat... we often catch ourselves sayin... would you have ever imagined this 10 years ago?? Here's a little of our adventure..
We found a huge gravel pit.... boy paradise!
Ok Ben when we givin up that Bink? huh? we need to have a talk...
Gorgeous, even in the fog!
Testin Mamas limits...
Yep we took the little commuter... makes for a guilt free outing... haha
Some Back road Rhodies..
Love this shot...
Gotta love a little adventure... Honda Civic style..
The gravel was put there for him to climb you know...
Love our little spur of the moment outings... usually I like to have a bit more warning so I can throw together a picnic dinner... so we snacked on pretzels and raisins.
We have another one of these adventures planned for fathers day... we are on the hunt for our next dry camping spot...
The week also included our final field trip at Preschool, and well driving a "burb" makes me the Field trip drivin Mama!
Some how I got ALL the boys!! My backwards camera driving shot has not been perfected yet... little Liam didn't make the shot... bummer!
Weather report said 50% chance of rain! Luckily we got the better half of the prediction!
Awesome!
Preschoolers and touch tanks.... yep think they are havin a blast!
Kids were braver than me... ewww
Ben's reaction when I told him to touch the "California Sea Cucumber"
Colten decided he was brave enough...
I thought for sure some swimming would be involved if these two weren't properly supervised! haha
Huh?
Ben says "Touch?"
They are beautiful... but I don't need to touch them!
This was Mama's fav!
What a difference a year makes...
"Cwaab"
"Hey guys check this one out!"
They were watching the ocean through the little holes in the floor!
Question time... pretty funny because I'm not sure that any of them actually asked any questions... they just shared what they saw... it was pretty cute!
Nice Ben!
Prefect day to have a sand castle competition...
Who knew preschoolers were such amazing sculptors!
Hard at work!
Working on his moat!
Amazin work...
Flags even!
What a way to finish up the school year!
A day full of Joy and a car full of sand!
Later that evening I caught this sweet moment... thank goodness the camera was handy!
*Just a little chicken update.... sadly we don't have any new baby chicks this week... after arriving home Saturday from Seattle we found our sweet Mama Millie off her nest, her eggs cold and a couple of them broken... our best guess is that a rat got to her nest. We are soooo very sad as we only had 4 days to go! We're still hoping to get this whole chicken thing to happen naturally, although this was a slap of how harsh mother nature can be sometimes...












































No comments:
Post a Comment