Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Swing Addiction, Garden Prep, Life with Boys, and a Hankerin for some Easter Campin....

March has been a fantastic month full of memories... so in my last post for March here's what happened....

Ben's alway up for an adventure..


A Swingin...

His absolute favorite past time...


Spring Raindrops

Still swingin...

Really Papa... thanks...
She may be tiny and I may be able to handle her... but she's a BEAST!

Oh so serious...  well of course I would love hummus mom... I love seaweed remember!
Lunch with free entertainment... we love that Papa hung the feeder so low, now we can all enjoy the tiny kamikaze birds!
 
Ben loves them... he says "Beee's numm numm"


This may be a sign of spring to some, but to me it's a jar of love... all those tiny "flowdies" picked by my boys.  I watched as Colten showed Ben how to do it...another sweet boy in training... Oh how I love them...

Creepo Bunny we'll call him...  yeah not some of my best work!  I handed him to Colten and he said, "What is it?" and handed it back to me... Ben likes him, so it's all good!


Doing the dishes... this is my view... wonder if I'll be able to keep him outta there once I plant seeds? :)

Grabbin the rake... he has such a good work ethic already...


I heard him out front and opened the front door to find this...

"Truuuck!"

Ughhh Ben and his sticks!

What a super fun find in our Easter Package from Nana Kathy!

When you're camera is robbed by a 4 year old...

Silly Ben... LOVES Alphabet soup!  Obviously!  Notice the "B" on his chest..

Sorry couldn't resist... Tehehe

Ok you tell Papa you killed the camera with soupy hands... we'll see if it works

I could just eat you up!

Fishing?


Colten kindly letting someone else ride the swing for a change...

Go Lilly Go!

Fearless little girl that one!
 

This one is just AWESOME!  My camera somehow managed to just focus on Lilly even though she was swingin like a wild woman! 
(No one was harmed in this picture..hehe)

Camping Prep!  Sol Duc Bound! Totally spur of the moment... 2 days warning... I was told to pack light... what does that mean?

We never used the can opener but Ben was glad we brought it!

Our first morning...  after leaving earlier than planned to try and get a jump on our weekend, a car sick Ben (or so we thought) then showing up at the campground to find out that a water pipe had busted forcing them to shut off the water (meaning no flush toilets or sinks)  we parked in the SOOOO NOT camping RV park!  But thank goodness we did... we were able to plug in our little space heater and stay totally comfy in our little canned ham! :)


A morning stroll to a super cool I mean "Hot" spring...

It's totally like 37 degrees out and we're all stickin our hands in this pipe of hot water bubblin out of the earth!  Awesome!

This I could have gone without seein... Hot Spring water algea is super nasty lookin! Blaaa
 

Gorgeous!  I was there.. it was way prettier than this picture..

Is he sleepin or singin?

A happy camper!  Literally
We headed to the Hot Spring Pools next... had a total blast.. Mom forgot the camera :( Guess we'll have to go back... do over! )

Nope you're not seein things... that's SNOW!

Some bikin...

in the snow of course!

The only way to get Ben to nap while campin!  He slept for about an hour... Papa and Colten biked up to the Ranger Station then went to take a nap in the trailer... about 20 minutes of reading in the sunshine was all I got before Ben decided nap time was over...

Must play trucks!

Then we hung out by the fire pit..

Almost rolled the chair...

We peeked on the boys and I had to catch a picture... so cute! They were both sleepin with their hands behind their heads... I couldn't resist! Ok so now they've been sleeping for more than an hour..

Thought this was a super cute vintage-ie shot...

Our canned ham and our ham! 

Yep I know right... how can they still be sleepin, Ben and I were wondering the same thing!

So we headed down to the "wad-ie" again to throw pine cones in the creek! For the second time!

This way..

Ok lets go check on the boys...

They were STILL sleepin so we headed out for a bike ride... had to check out the snow!

and eat it...

The boys were finally up when we got back... it was like a 3 hour nap!  I took the boys for a bike ride while Jeromy tried to "fix" our cook stove!  We happened upon a family of deer... can you see them?  Colten says "lets go say Hi"  haha
 
We came back to this.... yeah one of those downsides to impulse camping... you forget that your stuff was broken last season!   A super friendly neighbor camper watched Jeromy tinkerin and brought his super fancy stove over so we could make dinner!

You'd never know this little monkey actually was sick... we are guessing it wasn't car sickness because at the same time the following night he got "car sick" again... but we weren't moving! 


Hahaha!

Some early morning coloring with my boo!

Our last morning at Sol Duc was spent hikin to the Falls

A simply gorgeous 38 degree Easter Sunday!


At the falls... Colten looks worried...
Ben looks thrilled...
Don't make fun of my hat... my head was warm ok!


Ok not a single person at the falls to take our picture... I'm stressin because its super misty and I'm worried Jeromy's gonna drop my camera into the falls..
Ben looks like I'm squishin the bajeebers outta him.. poor guy
and Colten well sorry buddy you didn't make this shot!

Oh almost...
 

Yeah um this isn't workin..

Bahaha and this is the GRAND FINALE!
 
Made it home to find that the Easter bunny had left some goodies... Here's the boys collecting eggs!

Mom of course had a dead camera battery when we got home so I was only able to catch the ugly aftermath of the Easter Bunny... haha!  I haven't heard Colten scream so loud in a while when he found "the goods" 
 
 
 
So home again feels so good, 6 loads of laundry and cleaning out the trailer was defiantly not so good!  But the sun was shinning so everyone was happy.  March was a great month, lots of "future" plotting and planning, good news on my resent health issues (thank goodness!!) and lots of family time!  Come on April and your showers I'm ready to plant a garden (well almost!) 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment