Monday, May 13, 2013

Oh for the love of the sun, We've got a bleeder, Our little Soccer All Star, and a Mother's Day *weekend* to remember...

We are definitely being spoiled with warm weather here lately!  Like amazingly spoiled!  We are all really crossing our fingers that this isn't the last of it either...  So the past week went a little like this...
 
Smoothie time on the deck...  I've still got those poor children tricked into thinking these green smoothies are treats!  (evil maniacal laughter)
Well the slip n' slide broke halfway through last season and since we haven't picked up a new one mom thought we'd try the homemade kind!

It seemed to be working great...
 
Like really great...

Ben was perfectly content just supervising... (smart one, that kid)


 
He sure was makin it look like a crazy good time.... until moms idea with the dish soap backfired miserably... when there felt like there was molten hot magma in his eyes... sorry buddy... my bad!

He recovered quickly as you can see... 

Kowa-bunga!

Ben checkin out the "hot magma"
 
So moving on from the slip n' slide... lets go play in the sand box while we're wet...

It's all part of my plan mom, of making it impossible to NOT bring sand into your livin room later!
While being a "BOY" he thought beating the blackberry brambles with a bat was a good idea... they showed him!  Amazing how much head wounds bleed... you'd never know it was just a tiny cut...  as I walked him up the porch to clean him up... instead of crying, he proudly proclaims... "Papa's gonna think this is sooo AWESOME!" 
I didn't know whether to cry or laugh as this is only the beginning!!!  Darn you Papa!  This is soooo NOT awesome!  haha!

An absolutely gorgeous day for a soccer game!  Go Sounders!  Wish I had been quick enough to get a shot of "MY" little Sounder who scored the only goal for the game!  He was soooo proud of him self... he made sure to check for me and Papa's approval of his awesomeness which just melted my heart! 

A crazy spectator!

Unfortunately he was only tamable for the first couple of games, now he very confidently bolts out onto the field to get a reaction outta Mom... ughhh where's the leash?! *just kiddin*
Ben loading his truck with wood... kept him busy for at least 20 minutes!

What happens with you tell the kids to clean up the art stuff...

The chickens getting a little too excited that Jeromy opened the front door...  ahhhh nooo not in the house ladies!

You sure you got this all figured out?  You're not lookin so sure now?! 
We're workin on out smartin those deer once and for all!

One of those sights you cant resist takin a picture of... even if you nearly break yourself running to get your camera!  It was sooo worth it... how sweet is this!

Ok so this Mother's Day was not just a Sunday celebration... I was pampered on Friday with a Pedicure which included the company of a great friend, then Saturday I was pampered by getting my "once" a year hair cut and foil!  Ohhh what a treat to have someone wash your hair, and not have little minions bangin on the door!  Then Sunday morning was spent with my one and only... MOM!   We went to a local eatery that makes pretty much everything on their menu from local farms!  Amazing... Here Mom's about the dive into a BACON Maple Bar!  It was amazing in case you're wondering!  I'm kind of droolin just thinking about it.  I had a Egg Sandwich with Avocado... AMAZING!  We can't wait to go back!

Me and my lilac lovin mommy... how perfect was our location... right?

I'm thinkin our self portrait turned out better than the one taken by the strange old man in the parking lot... 
 
After dinner... Papa surprised us with a trip to the Corner Store for Ice Cream... which he says is now a Mother's Day tradition since we went last year... (ok by me!)
Please note that Ben was supposed to be sharing with me but due to the loud pterodactyl noise he made every time I tried to take it from him... I just let him keep it... next time he's gettin his own!  Little stinker!

The two little people that call me Mom... I'm soooo lucky... *most days* haha

He says he's bikin home...

A pterodactyl on the loose.... watch out! 

Spent the evening all hopped up on ice cream and working on the yard!  Ben found out where he could hide his arms from the "sceeters" and well Colten he's just workin it in his Skinny jeans that Papa totally doesn't approve of!  Hahaha hey they were a great second hand find for playin outside!

Can we say Cheese Ball?  He must get that from his Dad?

Ughhh I'm so sad this one turned out blurry!  They were both wearing their head lamps this morning and the sight of my boys playing together for more than 10 minutes without someone crying is sooooo worth documenting... LOVE THEM TO THE MOON!
 
I'm sooo lucky to be their Mom... no one can quite describe what it feels like to hear someone call you Mom... it's amazing!  Sometimes I'd tell ya I'd rather turn the job over to someone else, but that's just the impatient, over worked, under paid, hungry, tired, overwhelmed part of me screaming for a little break! 
 
 I definitely feel like you've earned your mom badge if.....
 
 You proudly have a belly covered in stretch marks, you've been awake more hours then you've slept in the past 5 years, you've played dinosaurs while going to the bathroom, you are excited about showering alone because you haven't shaved your legs in a week,  you've vacuumed more than 3 times in one day, you feel like the kids are planning some kind of dirty laundry attack so that basket is NEVER empty, you're more exhausted from repeating your self ALL day then you are from going on a 6 mile hike, you have 3 boys all using the same bathroom and after cleaning it you wonder WHY they can't just "go outside", you realize it's a complete waste of time to vacuum out your car (especially when you go the the beach the very next day)  I could go on for days... but I think you get it... especially if you're a mom!  Would I change any of it?  Well..... maybe!  I wouldn't change a thing if it meant those two little boys weren't calling "ME" mom!
 
Happy Mother's Day to all moms... I hope everyday feels like Mother's day in some way for you! 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Yeah I don't know about the "awesome" bleeder...other than that (and the old man photo) I love this collection of pictures! The ice cream photo would be wonderful in my "I Love Grandma" frame. Sorry you missed out on the ice cream, I didn't know you were raising a baby dinosaur :) cute! So much love and fun these sweet, fun (and fast) boys have brought to our lives! Thank you for breakfast and the fresh eggs, your hens are keeping so busy! I hear the garden is already flourishing too?

    ReplyDelete