So it's the end of the day what could be better than picking buttercups with your favorite 4 year old (gosh not 4 for long...less than a month till my little Boo-kins turns 5) and while picking you're nearly two year old is pushin the rope swing and gigglin like crazy every time it comes back to bonk him in the belly, and while all this cuteness is going on, your chickens are free ranging... but instead of them running a muck everywhere they stay within sight all rolling around in a dirt pile... it was just one of those moments... you know one of those moments where you stop for a second take it all in and then curse yourself for not having your camera in your back pocket... like really do those perfect moments really ever get caught on camera? by the time I ran up to get my camera and got back, the chickens had scattered and Ben had decided he wanted to join in on be-heading buttercups (this is how Ben picks flowers... you really aren't left with much when he hands them to you... we're workin on this) So oh well at least there was still SOME cuteness to capture...
Ah yes the sweeet angelic nearly 5 year old that got a bloody nose at 3am that made his room look like some kind of massacre... he very matter-a-factly tells me the next morning...(well I guess that same morning haha!) "Well mom I had to clean the burgers out some how!" ok I know right but why at 3am! hahaha! I don't know if it's this little boy or his age but he can be soooo sweet and then soooo not sweet in the blink of an eye! ughhh!
Great right?!
He's the best flower picker EVA! I've been handed sweet little flowers from this guy for at least 3 1/2 years... lucky mama
Our BE-U-Teeful bounty!
We call him RUDY...
This is Clara... our bold and sassy hen!
They are such a fun group...until you see what they did later in this post...
I'd definitely have to say I have a great LOVE for all kinda of wildflowers...
They just have this wild unruliness about them that just sings to my heart!
And this would be my very angry chicken farmer photo.... they thought my flowerbed was the most awsomest dirt bath location eva! So needless to say chickens are just like children... (well my children at least) they cant be trusted for a second!
And I'll leave you with some pretty pink Rhodys...
I'm happy to say that my garden is "almost" deer proof... Jeromy has been working hard on our garden fence, if I could have only filmed our eventful evening yesterday... I was sitting at my computer facing the garden... something caught my eye and I jumped up and pretty much screamed for Jeromy but my words wouldn't come out to explain the need for urgency, thank goodness we read each others minds... Jeromy moved like a cheetah... it was amazing! I'm actually shocked that he wasn't able to grab a hold of that garden muncher... for now there's some Irish spring standing guard near the snap pea starts... yep Irish spring! My bestie says it works in her garden... we'll see... the deer that frequent my garden are the brave bold not scared of nothin kind of dear so I'm sure I'll find my peas eatin and the soap totally undisturbed... that will be my luck!
If the kids stop making snot one of these days, my garden isn't nibbled on anymore, it doesn't rain for the parade Colten's walking in on Friday, and the chickens promise to stay outta my flower beds this will be a mighty fine 3rd week of May!











Oh man, I have 'don't turn your back or they'll eat your plants' hens too! Last week they just about desimated a good half of one of our raise beds..... They are sneaky little creatures! I'm so glad we don't have deer to worry about. From my in-laws experience I know how frustrating they can really be! Beautiful creatures from a far.... And when they are nowhere near your garden! Lol
ReplyDeleteI thought The Irish Spring you mentioned was some sort of plant. Haha I was all kinds of confused, until I read the 'soap' part at the very end. Clever! :)