Thursday, January 23, 2014

Winter can be wonderful... I know you love me for my randomness...

The chicken must be a little thirsty... haha! Not Stagged...swear!
 
Who knew it was sooo easy!
And to think I made this so I could use 1/3 of a cup in my homemade shampoo I'm testing out...
Of course we'll be making it for drinking now all the time!

A beautiful sight.... 4 little rototillers workin my garden!
Thank you very much...

A typical "learning" afternoon here at home...
Ben drawing some chickens and Colten playing a math game!
And a huge mess a goin on!

The highlight of our week....

Getting a landline...

Ahhh like a walk back in time!

The power went out for about 15 minutes... the boys were over the moon when Papa said they would eat dinner with headlamps!
Is this the key to veggie eating?

Colten and his end of the semester Woodshop creation!
His own handmade (mostly by him) treasure box!
It was a proud moment showing it to his Papa!

Did I mention they love the new phone...
Here's Ben talking to Bobbie...

Where you at?
What you doin?

Ok crazy right, I'm holding a little bird in my hand...
It did a header right into our chicken coop window this morning...
I saw the whole thing... OUCH!
Then before I could pick it up one of our chickens pecked it...
Safe to say that little bird was having a horrible day...

The bird has a bit of a brain injury, but Colten wants to take a picture with him.
 

That poor bird, it's got the worst headache ever and now it's posing for pictures!
 
It all ends on a happy note... we put him/her in our little chicken brooder with some food and water so it would be safe while it "came to"
and after returning from the park we found our little friend all full of little birdy spunk ready to fly again! YIPEE!
 

Oh thank heaven's for some sunshine... I was starting to wilt!


Just one of our daily chores... and although we've been doing it for a few months it's still our favorite chore!





Oh my word... Wranglers eat your heart out!

Little mini cowboy buns...

Proof they love the new food!

Some of the new girls... they still think we're a little sketchy...
Feelings are mutual...
They are adapting well and lay some Purdy Eggs!

So the boy that used to love my camera...

Is no more...
So sad! 

Ben had some serious man stuff going on!  Moving logs and breaking my little chicken watchin bench...

Such a variety of feathery friends!

"Busy" the grey one up front... wanted me to get her good side!

These boys rarely slow down... those little minds are always workin!

Lets do this brother...

I don't know brother... that doesn't look stable

Hi Lucy... Yeah watch out these boys are crazy!



I had zero input on this one... what was once a bench is now a teeter totter!
What little backyard geniuses I have...

Don't worry there was only a little bit of finger squishing Bobbie...



Thankful for Sunshine, happy chickens, fresh air, homemade teeter totters, and 2 silly little boys.....just another day!















No comments:

Post a Comment