The weather looked like it might hold up for most of the day so we ventured out for a hiking adventure...
I'm gonna see if there's an opossum in there...
(holy cow...I hope there's not an opossum in there!)
I don't know I think I need your flashlight
Nope nothing... darn!
My love!
A little timber lesson...
King of the stump!
My soul soooo needed this!
Last time we stood "RIGHT HERE" was when Colten was a little younger than Ben!
It was summer time... how awesome to experience another season!
We found somewhere dry.... under the bridge!
You remember how I feel about being under bridges right??
It wasn't sooo bad! It was dry!
and it was nice to take off the 40lb ("what IF") pack!
I told Jeromy I could sit there all day!
That was...until my toes started to get cold!
Then the heated seats of my burb where sounding pretty good!
Do the colors look amazing... because they were!
And they sat...
I'm thinkin Colten was about toast here...
Yep think we lost him...
Mom acting like a total dork always cures 'em!
He's back!
Papa spotted something....
Hey we just found a geocache... and we weren't even Geocaching!
We checked it out and made sure it was left how we found it!
Uh-Oh think we're loosin Benny too! haha
Le-Meee See!
The sweetest little song birds where singin to us!
The walk back was full of complaining and whining but I did my best to take in all the quiet and beauty this day had to offer!
On the way home.... I nearly caused Jeromy to go off the road....
I couldn't get my words to work.... but I reacted quite erratically when I spotted this heard of Roosevelt Elk on our way home!
It was quite the sight to see!
So very blessed to have soooooo many breathtaking and wondrous places to explore so close to home!
MAY THE FOREST BE WITH YOU!




















































No comments:
Post a Comment